Restructuring & Bankruptcy
Within the law office «Sysouev, Bondar and partners SBH» a specialized dispute resolution practice was formed, specializing in the resolution of litigations and issues of restructuring and bankruptcy.
SBH experts provide full-scale support in bankruptcy proceedings, as well as advise on all matters of pre-trial rehabilitation, debt restructuring and enterprises in general.
SBH provide counseling and support of creditors, participants, shareholders and management bodies of enterprises, as well as crisis (temporary) managers on a wide range of issues related to the legal consequences of economic insolvency.
In addition to traditional work, Clients are assisted in managing the risks connected with economic insolvency. Projects and transactions are assessed for the risk of bankruptcy, protection against raiders is provided using bankruptcy procedures, and other legal assistance of a preventive and protective nature is being carried out.
Since bankruptcy and restructuring issues can have transboundary nature, the SBH team’s knowledge and experience can advise Clients whose assets are outside Belarus and foreign clients in regard to Belarusian assets.
Key competencies include:
- Full-scale support in cases of economic insolvency of any categories of debtors, including banks, insurance companies, agricultural and city-forming organizations, as well as professional participants in the securities market and individual entrepreneurs;
- Consultations on the initiation of cases on economic insolvency, preparation of relevant documentation;
- Advice on strategy and tactics in matters of economic insolvency;
- Advising on issues of pre-trial rehabilitation, restructuring;
- Advising on risk management issues related to the economic insolvency of debtors, counterparties and other persons;
- Counseling of crisis managers;
- Representing the interests of creditors and debtors at meetings of creditors and in courts, analysis of mutual claims and preparing objections, according to the interests of the client;
- Representing the interests of a party to a transaction contested under economic insolvency procedures;
- Control over the activities of the crisis manager;
- Return of illegally sold property; collection of receivables;
- Bringing of the persons controlling the debtor (manager, founder etc.) to subsidiary liability under the debtor’s obligations;
- Recovery of damages caused by the crisis manager;
- Appeal to the law enforcement authorities with a petition to open a criminal case for fictitious / deliberate bankruptcy.